Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thinking Questions

So I’ve seen a few blogs lately that all have a little survey to help make people think about life in general and to learn more about themselves. Since I created this blog for just such a purpose I thought I’d copy the survey, to not only make myself think but to hopefully help you do the same.

1. What is more difficult for you, looking into some ones eyes when you are telling them how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel?:
This one is easily looking into someone else's eyes to tell them how I feel. Its hard for me to express those feelings when I don’t know what the other person feels as well.

2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?:
Last time I was really angry was when I broke up with an ex about 1 year ago. He never showed up and accused me of being immature & selfish. Needless to say I was not the most pleasant that day. Now I don’t really feel angry at him, just at myself for wasting almost 2 years of my life.


3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago nonstop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?:
Right now in life I would call my mom tell her how much I love her & to pass on my love to all my family too.


4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?:
I would honestly not tell a soul and just do all of the things I’ve always wanted to do in life. I would also write a letter that would be read at my funeral.

5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust:
Trust. In love you have to trust so if you have trust you also have love.

6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dog’s life?:
I’d save the dog and explain to the boss why I was late.


7. You are unfaithful to your spouse/significant other. Do you tell him/her? Why or Why not?:
While I’m not a cheater, if I did I would most definitely tell my spouse.


8. Your friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more then just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you do/say?:
This all depends on if I’m feeling the same way as well. If I did then I’d go for it and if I didn’t then I’d have to say how I felt.

9. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?:
I think so. I’m honest caring and a great listener. I’m loyal (to a fault) and will always help a friend in need.

10. Does love = sex?:
Nope you can love someone without having sex with them.


11. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?:
Hmm I pretty much tell everyone how I honestly feel almost all the time so I can’t really peg one person or thing I told them.


12. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a friend, you love them or that you do not love them back?:
Didn’t love them back.


13. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?:
My family and people I love & care about


14. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them? Who were they to you?:
My mom when I was leaving to go outta the house yesterday


15. Imagine: it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?:
My knight in shining armour? haha I don’t know


16. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?:
I’d seriously have to think about it only because it could be a setup. I know I would call an ambulance for help but not sure if I’d actually give CPR.


17. You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your reason for making the decision?:
Kind of a dumb question. Babies weigh nothing so I would pull the baby up onto safe ground then help my grandma. Unless my grandma said to drop her and save the baby, then I guess I’d listen to her.


18. Are you old fashioned?:
In some ways yes in other ways not so much.


19. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?:
Easy, all the time.


20. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?:
Definitely true love. I’d hate to go through life without knowing that feeling, even if it means having my heart broken to feel it.


21. If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?:
To have everyone I love & care about to be happy and healthy.

This is definitely a fun way to learn more about yourself and to get the ol’ brain juices flowing.

Ciao

~Meg

Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know my self, to know it completely, to know its minutiae, its characteristics, its subtleties, and its very atoms.

-Kahlil Gibran, "The Philosophy of Logic"

The unexamined life is not worth living.

-Socrates

 

No comments:

Post a Comment